Saturday 7 April 2012

I have always wanted to get my bike licence, and unless you do the direct access courses in the UK and then jump straight on the back of a bigger bike ( Which I would undoubtedly cause myself some serious damage doing) you have to travel the 125cc Motorcycle rite of passage.

This lead me on to a long and winding paths of trying to find a bike that would suit what I want, I have no interest in 2 stoke bikes, so that quickly ruled the Aprillas, Cagivas and other "exotic" 125s out. 

I have respect for them, the Rotax engines and their cc to horsepower output is truly amazing, but i really have no desire to ride down a road on something that sounds incredibly similar to a number of pissed off wasps trapped in a beer can!

I soon started to investigate a number of 4 stroke options but nothing really caught my eye, I have always love Triumph Bonneville's, and after a few hours of scouring the net I found this. The Sinnis  Trackstar.

Sinnis are british bike builder based in Brighton. The frames of the bikes are from China, the Engines are licenced suzuki units, and the bikes are put together at their main workshop in UK.


Sinnis are also soon to release the "Classic" which looks a bit like a Bonneville, but they are expensive for what they are, and are essentially Chinese bikes put together in England. Chinese bikes are great, but not for me.

This leaves me with a Four Stroke Japanese Bike.

As I want this as a commuter bike, I don't really want a crosser, and the "Sport" Bike 125s made by Honda, and Yamaha look good (yzf r125), but they don't have to go to match their looks, which to me sort of defeats the objective.

One evening whilst scouring the internet on the laptop, my girlfriend and I sat and watched " The World's Fastest Indian" if you haven't watched it, and are in anyway interested in Motorcycles, Racing, Speed, or almost anything petrol related I would really advise you watch it. It is the story of the trials and tribulations of Burt Munro and his trip to the salt flats to race his Indian Special custom race bike.




Its a great story, and inspired me to look and few classic racing bikes. It lead me down path of bobbers, choppers and flat track racers, until I got to the Cafe Racers by which point it was too late and the seed was planted....




No comments:

Post a Comment